I am by no means a "fashion blogger"...just wanted to make that clear! But, I have been so enthralled by real fashion bloggers lately like... Kendi at kendieveryday.blogspot.com, Sydney at tandsdaybook.blogspot.com and my friend, Shea, at bonchicbongastronomique.blogspot.com. Speaking of Kendi, every season she inspires hundreds of readers to join the "30 for 30 Wardrobe Remix". You choose 30 articles of clothing & shoes and for 30 days you wear only those items to make 30 different outfits...and no shopping allowed during this remix! Here's why I want to do this...
1. One pj day is fun, but 2 or more makes you feel frumpy and lazy!
2. I wear the same jeans, cardigan, tee combo pretty much every other day.
3. There are items in my closet that get completely ignored and it's time to give them attention.
4. Any restriction to shopping is a good thing for me!
5. I have plenty of accessories that need to be worn.
6. I have an obsession with makeover shows, so this is kind of like that.
7. Not practical to wear a dress to shop for groceries, but it's a bit old timey, and I like that!
8. Just for a fun challenge, my 7th grade self would be pleased that I haven't changed much. :)
So, here are my 30 wardrobe picks...




Oooh! I think we could be Remix friends! Your wardrobe picks are very similar in choices to mine...like throwing in some low-top sneakers ;)
ReplyDeleteYay Malorie!! I'm so excited that you're doing the 30 for 30!! Can't wait to see your looks!
ReplyDeleteI recently stumbled across this concept and have been trying to see what people are combining. Hence, the 2013 comment.
ReplyDeleteThank you for being real. You're the first blogger to include a pair of tennis shoes and the first with flats! I mean, really. And do any of these people work out? Have dogs to walk? Groceries to buy? Or do they just dress up and not sweat?
Now I have to page forward and see some of your combiations! Can't wait!