Although it is hardly the season for having the oven cranked up, I have been baking a lot. Here are two great recipes that I've made recently. I didn't change them very much except I used more "machinery." For the blueberry scones, I used my food processor instead of cutting in the butter by hand. For the oatmeal wheat bread, I used my stand mixer instead of kneading by hand. So, don't really bake these outside (unless it is 375 degrees out there...and I don't mean heat index). Recipes are at the end of post.
Blueberry Scones
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Blueberry-Scones
Blueberry Scones Recipe
Oatmeal Wheat Bread
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Oatmeal-Wheat-Bread-232825
I've been baking a lot lately too despite the heat--I think it's because I've had the time and I don't want to do anything outside! Mmm, I need to make that bread, it's been a while since I've made any bread. Oh, and Luke is so adorable Malorie!!
ReplyDeleteYum! That bread is so going to happen chez moi.
ReplyDelete