Monday, February 14, 2011
I love you, a bushel and a peck...
Happy Valentine's Day! Here are some "drunken" dark chocolate truffles that I made for Dan. And here is the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html
Of course, I tweaked it a bit. Before mixing in the liqueur, I divided the chocolate into 3 equal portions and then added a tablespoon of different liqueurs to each one (brandy, triple sec/orange, amaretto). I also melted the 8 oz. of chocolate in my small crock pot instead of using a heating pad and bowl (really, Alton?!). These turned out pretty good, but I'm more of a milk chocolate fan. However, these weren't for me anyways and Dan loved them! Tonight's dinner: heart shaped homemade pizza with my big and little valentine's. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm drooling right now Malorie, honestly. I've been really wanting to make truffles lately too, so I might have to steal this recipe (with the drunken adaptation of course!).
ReplyDeleteThose look..and sound..amazing, it's making me super hungry..thanks. lol. By the way I'm having TWO different giveaways right now! One is for a $20 forever21 giftcard and the other is for a handmade spotted sparrow necklace from MDSparks on etsy! I would LOVE for you to enter! :)
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering. Thanks for including the recipe!
ReplyDeleteagentsuperstar-youarehere.blogspot.com